Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
Mi Mover is a tool provided by Xiaomi and affiliated companies thereof ("Xiaomi" or "we") for you for transferring old mobile phone data or icloud data to a new mobile phone.
1. What information is collected by us and how do we use it?
1.1 Personal information that we collect and use with your authorization
The purpose of collecting personal information is to provide you with products and/or services and to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other regulatory requirements. You have the right to choose whether or not to provide the information we have requested, but in most cases, if you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or respond to your queries. The related features include:
- Function of transferring data from an old mobile phone to a new mobile phone
In order to transfer your data from an old mobile phone to a new mobile phone, we may collect your contact information, short messages, call records, application list, relevant information recorded in calendar (including schedules and memorial days) as well as all documents saved on your old mobile phone. Meanwhile, we will also collect the Android IDs of your new and old mobile phones to judge the compatibility of the application version with new and old mobile phones. In order to realize data transfer, we will collect SSIDs of your new and old mobile phones and Wi-Fi name to connect the hotspot established by the new mobile phone. Please be assured that the abovementioned information will be only used for realizing the function of transferring data on the old mobile phone to the new one, and we will not save any of the abovementioned information.
If your old mobile phone uses IOS, Mi Mover will also support the transfer of iCloud data to your new mobile phone. In order to realize this function, we may collect your iCloud account number, password and login verification code for logging in iCloud. Please be assured that the abovementioned information will be only used to realize the function of transferring iCloud data to the new mobile phone, and we will not save any of the abovementioned information.
1.2 You are fully informed that we may collect and use personal information without your consent if:
1.2.1 The personal information is vital to national security and defense;
1.2.2 The personal information is vital to public safety, public health, and major public interests;
1.2.3 The personal information is related to criminal investigations, prosecutions, trials, or execution of judgments;
1.2.4 The personal information is essential for protecting major legitimate rights (including life and property) and interests of the personal information subject or other people, but it is hard to obtain the subject's consent;
1.2.5 The personal information collected is made public by the subject at their own discretion;
1.2.6 The personal information is collected from public sources, such as news reports or government announcements;
1.2.7 The personal information is necessary for us to sign the contract as required by you;
1.2.8 The personal information is necessary to maintain the safe and steady operation of products and/or services provided, such as for discovering and handling faults of products and/or services;
1.2.9 The personal information is required for legal news releases;
1.2.10 The personal information is de-identified in the results of statistical or academic research based on public interest.
1.3 Non-personally identifiable information
2. Retention policy
3. Your rights
3.1 Controlling settings
We recognize that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we provide examples of ways for you to restrict the collection, use, disclosure, or processing of your personal information and to control your privacy settings in Mi Mover:
▪ Unload or close Mi Mover. After closing, we will stop reading address book, accessing calendar, reading short messages and exercising any other authority.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the aforementioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2 Your rights to your personal information
According to national or regional laws and regulations applicable to you, you will be entitled to access, correct and delete any personal information related to you as held by us (the "request"). If you need to access, correct or delete any personal information related to you as held by us, please send a letter to us or contact us by the following e-mail address, with your ID specified. Email: email@example.com。
Once we obtain sufficient information to confirm that your request can be processed, we shall proceed to respond to your request within any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws. In detail:
• Based on the requirements of applicable laws, a copy of your personal data collected and processed by us will be provided to you upon your request free of charge. For any extra requests for relevant information, we may charge a reasonable fee based on actual administrative costs according to the applicable laws.
• If any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, you are entitled to have your personal information corrected or completed based on the purpose of use.
• Based on the requirements of applicable laws, you have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your erasure request and take reasonable steps, including technical measures. If the right is upheld, we may not be able to immediately remove the information from the backup system due to applicable legal and security technologies. In that case, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until the backup can be cleared or be made anonymous.
• We have the right to refuse to process requests that are not meaningful/entangled, requests that damage others' right of privacy, extremely unrealistic requests, requests that require disproportionate technical work, and requests not required under local law, information that have been made public, information given under confidential conditions. If we believe that certain aspects of the request to delete or access the information may result in our inability to legally use the information for the aforementioned anti-fraud and security purposes, it may also be rejected.
3.3 Withdrawal of consent
You may withdraw your consent by unloading or closing Mi Mover. We will process your request within a reasonable time from when the request is made, and thereafter will not collect, use and/or disclose your personal information as per your request.
• Attention: Your withdrawal of consent may result in some legal consequences. You may not be able to continue receiving the full benefit of Xiaomi’s products and services depending on the extent of our processing of information upon your authorization. The withdrawal of your consent or authorization will not affect the validity of our processing carried out upon your authorization up until the point of withdrawal.
3.4 Canceling a service or account
If you wish to cancel Mi Mover product or service, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for logout service.
4. Contact us
018, 8th Floor, Building 6, 33 Xi'erqi Middle Road, Haidian District, Beijing