Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
Mi Mover is a tool provided by Xiaomi and affiliated companies (hereinafter referred to as "Xiaomi", "we", "our", or "us") for you to transfer data from iCloud or your current device to a new one.
1. What information is collected by us and how do we use it?
1.1 Personal information that we collect and use with your authorization
The purpose of collecting personal information is to provide you with products and/or services, and to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, regulations and other regulatory requirements. You have the right to choose whether or not to provide the information we have requested, but in most cases, if you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to your queries. The related features include:
1.1.1 Transferring data from the current device
When you transfer data from your current device to a new one, we may collect information stored on your current device, including contact information, messages, call history, events in Calendar (as well as anniversaries and other information added), apps, and all of your files. We collect the Android ID for each device to determine the compatibility of the apps with the devices, and the Service Set ID (SSID) of the current Wi-Fi network to create a hotspot to connect the devices to each other. This information is used only for the purpose of transfering data between devices and will not be stored or retained.
When you use iCloud to transfer data from your current iOS or iPadOS device, we may collect information such as your Apple ID, password, and the verification code required to sign in. This information is used only for the purpose of transfering data from iCloud to your device and will not be stored or retained.
1.2 You are fully informed that we may collect and use personal information without your consent if:
1.2.1 The personal information is vital to national security and defense;
1.2.2 The personal information is vital to public safety, public health, and major public interests;
1.2.3 The personal information is related to criminal investigations, prosecutions, trials, or execution of judgments;
1.2.4 The personal information is essential for protecting major legitimate rights (including life and property) and interests of the personal information subject or other people, but it is hard to obtain the subject's consent;
1.2.5 The personal information collected is made public by the subject at their own discretion;
1.2.6 The personal information is collected from public sources, such as news reports or government announcements;
1.2.7 The personal information is necessary for us to sign the contract as required by you;
1.2.8 The personal information is necessary to maintain the safe and steady operation of products and/or services provided, such as for discovering and handling faults of products and/or services;
1.2.9 The personal information is required for legal news releases; and
1.2.10 The personal information is de-identified in the results of statistical or academic research based on public interest.
1.3 Non-personally identifiable information
We may also collect other types of information which are not directly or indirectly linked to an individual and which may not be defined as personal information according to applicable local laws. Such information is called non-personally identifiable information. We may include statistical data generated when you use a specific service (e.g. non-identifiable device-related information, daily usage events, page access events, page access time events and session events); network monitoring data (e.g. request time, number of requests or error requests, etc.); and app crash events. The purpose for such collecting is to improve the services we provide to you. The type and amount of information collected depends on how you use our products and/or services.
We aggregate such information. In this aggregated form, data is not personal information and cannot be used to identify you. However, if we combine non-personal information with personal information, such information will be treated as personal information.
2. Retention policy
3. Your rights
3.1 Controlling settings
Xiaomi recognizes that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we provide examples of ways Xiaomi makes available to you to restrict the collection, use, disclosure, or processing of your personal information and control your privacy settings:
- Close or uninstall Mi Mover, in which case we will not be able to access your contacts, calendar, or messages.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the aforementioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us via https://privacy.mi.com/support.
3.2 Your rights to your personal information
Depending on applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to access, rectification, erasure (and certain other rights) in relation to personal information that we hold about you (hereinafter referred to as the request).
You may also access and update the details relating to the personal information in your Mi Account at http://account.xiaomi.com or by signing in to your account on your device. For additional information, please write to us or contact us on https://privacy.mi.com/support.
It will help us to process your request most efficiently if it meets the following conditions:
- The request is submitted through Xiaomi's exclusive request channel detailed above and for the protection of your information security, your request should be in writing (unless the local law explicitly recognizes the oral request);
- You provide sufficient information to enable Xiaomi to verify your identity and ensure that you are the data subject or legally authorized to act on the data subject's behalf.
Once we obtain sufficient information to confirm that your request can be processed, we shall proceed to respond to your request within any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws. In detail:
- Based on the requirements of applicable laws, a copy of your personal data collected and processed by us will be provided to you upon your request free of charge. For any extra requests for relevant information, we may charge a reasonable fee based on actual administrative costs according to and if permitted by the applicable laws.
- If any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, you are entitled to have your personal information corrected or completed based on the purpose of use.
- Based on the requirements of applicable laws, you have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. We shall consider the grounds regarding your erasure request and take reasonable steps, including technical measures. Please note that we may not be able to immediately remove the information from the backup system due to applicable law and/or technological limitations. If this is the case, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until the backup can be deleted or be made anonymous.
We have the right to refuse to process requests that are not meaningful/manifestly unfounded or excessive, requests that damage others' right of privacy, extremely unrealistic requests, requests that require disproportionate technical work, and requests not required under local law, information that have been made public, information given under confidential conditions. If we believe that certain aspects of a request to delete the information may result in our inability to legally use the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or reasons permitted by applicable law, it may also be rejected.
3.3 Withdrawal of consent
- You may withdraw your consent by closing or uninstalling Mi Mover, in which case we will not collect, use and/or disclose your personal information.
- Attention: Your withdrawal of consent may result in some legal consequences. Additionally, you may not be able to continue receiving the full benefit of Xiaomi's products and services, depending on how much authority you grant us to process your information when you use Mi Mover. The withdrawal of your consent or authorization will not affect the validity of our processing carried out upon your authorization up until the point of withdrawal.
3.4 Canceling a service or account
If you wish to delete your Mi Mover service, you can contact us to request termination on https://privacy.mi.com/support.
4. Contact us
019, 9th Floor, Building 6, 33 Xi'erqi Middle Road, Haidian District, Beijing